NEW AND ENHANCED FORMULATION
Contains Beta Glucan, Helps Horses Increase Immune Response and Resist Infections
Beta-Stim™ is a horse immune supplement that contains Beta-1,3/1,6 D-glucan from purified yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) and is a biological defense modifier (BDM) which potentiates and modulates immune response. Beta-Stim™ exerts its effect when Beta-1,3/1,6 D-glucanattaches to macrophage and dendritic cells (immune cells) and “activates” them to rid the body of pathogens.
By modulating the immune response, Beta-Stim™ is found to:
- Help increase immune response
- Allow the horse to resist infection and fight off chronic infections
Essential Horse Immune Support
Beta-Stim™ is formulated with beta-glucan that is processed to prevent re-aggregation in GI tract. This allows it to pass through the stomach and small intestine without being absorbed and can then exert its effect in the lymphatic system.
Very effective for:
- Upper respiratory infections
- Uterine infections
- Skin and hoof infections
- Any type of infection that is chronic
Clinical Research – The Effects of Beta-Glucan on the Horse
- In a study done by Dr. Alison Kate Painter at Blue Spruce Farms, 17 pregnant mares were fed a diet containing Beta-1,3/1,6 D-glucan for 6 months and 23 were fed a control feed. Blood was obtained from all foals and levels of IgG were determined. The study found higher serum IgG levels in the foals whose dam was fed a beta-glucan enriched diet than those who were not, an improvement in body condition as well as resistance to infections due to lower neonatal diarrhea rates.
- In a study looking at the effect of beta-glucan on antibody vaccine titers in horses, horses were vaccinated with a killed Rhinopneumonitis vaccine and fed a control diet or a diet that had supplemental beta-glucan (350 mg/day/horse). Horses fed the diet with beta-glucan showed an increase in antibody titers.
- Feed 2 oz per day