Pure Blend of Flaxseed, Sunflower, and Olive Oil
OmegaTri™ is a horse omega 3 supplement produced from cold pressed unrefined flaxseed oil, sunflower oil, and olive oil. This blend of purely vegetarian seed oil provides the correct balance of 3:6:9 Omega fatty acids to increase the overall Omega 3 content of the equine diet. OmegaTri™ provides over 50% Linolenic Acid, the Omega 3 fatty acid that is converted into Decosahexaenoic Acid (DHA). The level of Omega 6 from sunflower and Omega 9 from olive oil is much lower – but both are from unrefined, unprocessed sources, which the horse must have in the ration as well. Unrefined oils are much preferred over refined oils like corn and especially canola (rape seed), which has been reported to be toxic and cause respiratory problems.
Unrefined Oils, Contains Beneficial Lignans
OmegaTri™ is an unrefined, unfiltered oil and therefore contains lignans, a nutrient found in the hulls of flax seed and other plants. The lignans can be seen as a thick layer at the bottom of the OmegaTri™ container. Lignans have been found to promote a variety of health benefits, such as:
- Antioxidant effects
- Immune support
- Reducing inflammation, arthritic pain, and chronic inflammatory disorders
- Cancer prevention
Before feeding OmegaTri™, shake the container well in order to mix the oil and the lignans well. The rich, nutty flavor of the oil and the lignans is very palatable to horses!
Helps to Reduce Inflammation & Oxidative Damage and Improve Immune Response
Omega 3 fatty acids have been clinically proven in several species to be very helpful in:
- Reducing inflammation in the body
- Increasing immune response
- Reducing oxidative damage during exercise
- Improving hormonal balance
Specifically for the horse, equine omega 3 supplement OmegaTri™ is also helpful in improving:
- Inflammatory bowel conditions (when fed with a non-grain diet)
- Horses that bleed during intensive exercise
- Semen characteristics, such as the number of live sperm, reduction in deformed sperm, and increased viability of frozen semen
OmegaTri™ is excellent for all horses of every breed at any stage of life, but especially hard working, stressed horses or those with digestive disorders.
Read how Flirty progressed after using OmegaTri™.
- Feed 1 ounce per 200 pounds of body weight daily divided into two or more feedings
- For best results, keep OmegaTri™ sealed and refrigerated