Equine Nutrition Supplements
ALGAE-TO-OMEGA™ – EQUINE DHA SUPPLEMENT
CONTAINS 17% DHA, A POTENT ANTI-INFLAMMATORY EQUINE OMEGA 3 FATTY ACID
Algae-To-Omega™ is produced from a pure, vegetarian source of algae and contains the potent anti-inflammatory Omega 3 fatty acid Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA). It does not contain any fish products and delivers 5 grams of DHA per serving.
Horse Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Omega 3 fatty acids are required by the horse and must come from the diet. Most equine diets contain more Omega 6 fatty acids (soy, corn, canola) and not enough Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are not made into harmful (series 2 – pro – inflammatory) prostaglandins (PG) like Omega 6’s, which increase inflammation
- Omega 3 fatty acids are converted into PG series 3, which induce anti-inflammatory effects unlike Omega 6’s
Kansas State University found that Exercise-Induced Pulmonary Hemorrhage (EIPH) was reduced in Thoroughbreds after they were supplemented with DHA for 83 days. The benefits of DHA was also reported by the University of Liege in Belgium when they found an increase in the red blood cell membrane fluidity in exercised horses that were fed a diet enriched with DHA and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) for four weeks.
Excellent Equine Anti-Inflammatory
Algae-To-Omega™ can help:
- Improve athletic performance by reducing inflammation, increasing fluidity of the blood and increasing tolerance to exercise
- Increase immune response and resistance to infections
- Shown to improve semen characteristics in frozen and cooled semen
- Improve hoof, skin, and hair conditions
- Horses suffering with EIPH, tying up, cellulitis, gas colic, inflammatory bowel, colitis, and laminitis will benefit from the anti-inflammatory effect of potent DHA
- Feed 1 – 2 scoops (5g – 10g PURE DHA ) per day for an 1100 pound horse. Feed 2-4 scoops per day for therapeutic effect.