Meta-Librium™ – Equine Metabolic Behavior Supplement
Meta-Librium’s unique formula was specifically developed to help manage insulin resistance in horses, which is associated with obesity and chronic laminitis, and symptoms that accompany Equine Cushing’s disease. Meta-Librium™ contains a selection of ingredients including magnesium, chromium, Lipoic acid, vitamin E and C, and L-carnitine, which enhances the action of insulin. Meta-Librium™ now contains cinnamon, which further helps improve the action of insulin at the cellular level. Individually, these ingredients are responsible for:
- Magnesium, Cinnamon and Chromium:
- Regulates glucose metabolism by increasing sensitivity to insulin at the cellular level
- Lipoic Acid, Vitamin E and C:
- Powerful antioxidants and help prevent free radical damage to muscle cells
- Increases fatty acid metabolism, thereby decreasing the presence of fatty deposits in the neck, rump, tail head and sheath area
In combination, these nutrients help to reduce overall body fat content and increase sensitivity to insulin, which in turn helps to normalize glucose and insulin levels.
Calms the Horse, Helps to Maintain Normal Muscle Functions
Meta-Librium™ may be helpful in reducing behavioral issues in horses, such as hyperactivity and anxiety. By keeping the horse calm, Meta-Librium™ helps maintain normal muscle functions in horses that have the tendency to tie-up.
- Feed 2 oz per day