EXCELLENT SOURCE OF OMEGA 3 FATTY ACID – 100% NATURAL WHOLE FOOD
1/3 cup daily for maintenance
2/3 cup daily for heavy work, recovery or competition.
Feed in two or more meals per day
Triple cleaned black chia seed
Chia seeds contain 30% fat
Chia Seeds contain two essential fatty acids, alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a potent omega 3 fatty acid, and linoleic acid (LA), an omega 6. The ratio is 3:1 ratio of omega 3 to 6.
Chia seeds also contain several powerful antioxidants:
- Caffeic acid – a polyphenol found in plants known for its antioxidant properties and its ability to reduce inflammation.
- Quercetin – a biologically active flavonoid that works with vitamin C as a powerful antioxidant combination. Effective during allergic responses.
- Phenolic compounds – including vitamin E and beta carotene. They are potent antioxidants responsible for scavenging free radicals and prevent cellular oxidation and disease.
- Mucilage – a water-soluble fiber that holds water 27 times its own weight. It forms a gel when water is added to chia seeds excellent soluble fiber for microbial fermentation in the hind gut.
- Kaempferol – a flavonoid with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-cancer, as well as neuroprotective and anti-diabetic activities which is great for overweight, metabolic horses.
Chia seeds Helps to Reduce Inflammation & Oxidative Damage and Improve Immune Response
Omega 3 fatty acids have been clinically proven in several species to be very helpful in:
- Reducing inflammation in the body
- Increasing immune response
- Reducing oxidative damage during exercise
- Improving hormonal balance
Specifically for the horse, equine omega 3 supplement such as Chia seed is also helpful in improving:
- Inflammatory bowel conditions (when fed with a non-grain diet)
- Metabolic syndrome
- Insulin Resistance
- Inflammatory Bowel syndrome
- Leaky gut syndrome
- Excess Fecal Water
- Horses that bleed during intensive exercise
- Semen characteristics, such as the number of live sperm, reduction in deformed sperm, and increased viability of frozen semen
Excellent for all horses of every breed at any stage of life, but especially hard working, stressed horses or those with digestive disorders.